Non Destructive Digging
Non Destructive Digging (NDD) is fast becoming the preferred method of excavation for many in the Construction Industry. By safely breaking up soil through the use of air or water, the risk of damage to utilities is vastly reduced, when compared to manual or mechanical digging methods. This enables safe, fast, precise excavation that requires less backfill, labour and restoration. Non-Destructive Digging can safely excavate without causing unnecessary damage to existing underground services. NDD services can be conducted near and around – water networks, telecommunications, power or gas lines with minimal risk and without any potential damage caused to those services.
Patriot Environmental Management offers a wide range of state-of-the-art non destructive digging (NDD) units for vacuum excavation. Depending on the application, our units range from:
- 4,000L to 20,000L units. Small rigids fitted with 4” hoses for intricate work, through to high-powered semi trailers for bulk excavation work, fitted with 8” hoses.
- Both wet and dry vacuum systems
- 2,000psi to 5,000psi water blasting units. We also offer up to 40,000psi HP units for hard rock areas and bulk excavation
We also offer a wide range of NDD units that use either air or water to excavate – using air to excavate is more ideal for remote areas where water is scarce and we can leave the excavated material on site for backfill.
Our use of Non Destructive Digging (NDD) units offers the following benefits:
- Safe and cost effective services location
- Minimised risk of damage to sewer, gas, storm water, water, telecommunications and underground power
- Confidence that your project can proceed according to schedule
- Savings in time, reduced damages to underground as sets and worksite safety
- Asset exposure, post hole digging, sign post digging, tree removal, optic fibre exposure and pit construction
- Reduces environmental impact with minimal surface disruption
- Reduced reinstatement costs
- Reduced downtime associated with offsite NDD slurry removal and disposal
We have adopted an Environmental Management Plan to underpin our non destructive digging activities. An integrated quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management system, guaranteeing the highest level of commitment to meeting Australian health, safety and environmental compliance standards in delivering your total waste management solutions. View our commitment to the environment, occupational health and safety and quality management plan.